Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Delhi Day 2

Day 1 was spent walking.  Day 2 was spent braving the tuk-tuks to see some sights.
Inside a tuk-tuk / auto
They drive mega crazy around here.  I have video footage to prove it.  Karuna was even in an auto that got swiped by a car today.

Lotus Temple
First, I went to the Lotus Temple (Bahai House of Worship).  I wish I could have taken a picture inside because it had some amazing architecture that created different chambers that made it seem like there was a whole choir when there was only one person singing.  It was super cool.

Kate and Qtub Minar
Then I went to Qtub Minar (admittedly got ripped off on the auto ride there).  The tower, which is 73 meters tall, began being built in 1193 by Qutab-ud-din Aibak, who was the first Muslim ruler of India.  Additions were made for the next couple hundred years to the complex.

After Qtub Minar, I went back to Karuna's for some resupplying (food and money).  Then continued on...

Teddy went to Market
I went to a couple different markets, INA and Dilli Haat.  It was pretty fun to wander around and see different things.  I bought some souvenirs for people back home and just sat and people watched in general.

My first chai in India
Then I went to an outdoor mall-type place to meet Karuna for dinner at her friend's house.  She's got a pretty cool community of people here.

No comments: