Lost a lot of steam today. I got back to Karuna's around 8:30 after another night on a bus. I didn't leave her place until after noon. I went to lunch at a swanky restaurant in Connaught Place and had some tasty Northern Indian food (I don't know what the difference is yet). Then I went to Cafe Coffee Day for some caffeine. I wandered toward my next destination, and saw Sacred Heart Cathedral on the way.
.JPG) |
| Sacred Heart Cathedral |
I got a little lost after that, but eventually made it to Birla Mandir. It's a Hindi temple that is dedicated to Laxmi (the goddess of prosperity) and Narayana (the preserver). The temple was inagurated by Mahatma Gandhi on the condition that people of all castes will be allowed to enter the temple. (at least that's what delhitourism.gov.in says)
.JPG) |
| Birla Mandir |
Then I went back to Karuna's and chilled for a bit before heading to the train station to see if we could get on to Varanasi.
No comments:
Post a Comment