First order of business, wander around Karuna's neighborhood, Haus Khaz. It's apparently known for it's little shops and old ruins.
 |
| These ruins are from the 1300s |
 |
| Cool little park around the ruins |
 |
| TR likes ruins |
I had some strangely curry-like Cup Noodles for lunch, then wandered some more.
 |
| Dadi-Poti's Tomb. Dadi Poti means grandmother-granddaughter. It is believed that they are called that because one is bigger than the other. No one knows who is buried there. Poti, the smaller one (38.7' x 38.7') belongs to the Tughlaq period (1321-1414). Dadi, the bigger one (52' x 52') is from the Lodi period (1451-1526). |
 |
| Inside the Poti tomb |
 |
| Poti tomb's dome |
Then I went back to Karuna's for a nap. When Karuna got home from work, we walked some more (farther than I did earlier in the day) and had some Nepalese food for dinner. Then I had some gelato. After dinner and dessert, we headed back to Karuna's place and planned out a bit of what might happen in the next two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment