Friday, January 30, 2009

For those who keep updated on my life through my blog

I am in Seattle for two reasons:
1) my grandfather died this past weekend
2) I couldn't find a job in Haines and my uncle said he had some work for me at his office down here

I technically live in Haines, but I have spent a significant amount of time in Seattle since I moved there in November (see points 1 and 2 above).

I don't know what I'm going to do with my future. Possibilities include:
1) going to University of Alaska Southeast to get my masters in teaching
2) moving to Vancouver and becoming Canadian to enjoy the Olympics next winter
3) finding a real job in Haines and staying there for a whlie
4) moving far, far away to go see something new

I live in a house with a friend and her three dogs. Love the friend. Hate the dogs. And our house is cold because it's really expensive to keep it warm.

I will do whatever I can to live in Alaska over the summer because I'm tired of spending cold months there and leaving when it gets bareable in just one layer of clothing. And if I can be in Alaska for at least 9 months, then they'll pay me next year :)

2 comments:

Alissa Maxwell said...

If we're voting, I choose option #1, but you have to follow your own path.

Brian K said...

I recommend a new option. Namely, move to Long Beach, CA to hang out with Brian where it's always warm.