Saturday, December 8, 2007

The past...

So this song not only made me laugh, but also confirmed the thoughts that I had about the past. It's always easier to reflect on the past because clearly, I made it out of that ok. Sure, there might have been some things that could have been done better, but I made it. What makes me laugh is that sometimes it seems like the present is just going on forever and ever, but soon, it will be the past too. I think of how junior high and high school, and even a little college, seem like a blur to me now, but at the time it seemed like it might kill me. HA! So all I can do is look in hope to the future, without worry, and know that I'm not in control, and that's better than just ok.
So, here's the lyrics from Chris Rice's Song "8th Grade" that made me laugh a little.
Why does the past always seem safer?
Maybe because at least we know me made it
And why do we worry about the future?
When every day will come just the way the Lord ordained it
You can believe it, yeah, just like the 8th grade

And here's some prayer requests too :)
~Carlos, a family friend, who had a massive stroke on Monday. He's doing a little better, but still has a long road ahead of him
~That I don't worry about the future or focus on the past, but just do the best I can with every day that faces me
~That I won't miss Haines too much and start to resent Seattle a little bit again

No comments: