Saturday, December 22, 2007

Still confused

How I'm doing...
I wonder if one day I might ever really be not confused. I doubt it. It's ok, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating. I just want to know what I think at the very least, but I feel like sometimes I even question that. I'm going back to Haines on the 11th of January, and I'm working between now and then... at least that's the plan. The only thing that I have been really sure of lately is that God has a whole lot better of an idea of what the hell I am doing than I do. So I trust. Most of the time. When I'm not trusting, I'm freaking out really good. One could call this right here freaking out a little...

Soap Box time...
I have decided that Christmas is a commercial curse, relational drain, and spiritual blessing all rolled into one. I even heard someone refer to it as giftmas today. I almost wanted to hurl. That's Target shoppers for ya... and don't even get me started on their plastic consumption... but I was thinking about how Christmas should be the most sacred of holidays, but it's not at all treated that way. Otherwise I wouldn't be working until 7 on Christmas Eve so everyone who forgot that incredibly important last minute gift can rush to Target to buy some crap. That's not what it is. I don't even like Christmas season all that much... Call me scrooge. I don't care. It's about me and Jesus and me being so incredibly thankful for the gift that he gave us. That's so cliche, but what I've been thinking about this Christmas season.

Prayer Requests...
~That I trust rather than freak out
~That I can take a car back to Haines with me
~That Christmas would take on the vaules that matter most
~That Carlos really would get to go home on the 7th of January if that would be the best place for him
~That when I go back to Haines, things aren't awkward up there

No comments: