Lonelier
All I have been doing lately is working, watching tv, and playing on the internet... I have never worked as much as I'm working right now... not even including schoolwork :) I feel like all of the things that I have been doing have been by myself. Sometimes there are people all around me, but I feel alone anyway... It's so weird.
Oh yeah, I've also been working on my spanish with a Columbian, Javier, who is up visiting his brother Carlos, the one who had a stroke (He's doing a lot better, but still has a long, long road ahead of him).
For some reason, I feel lonely here. I miss running into people I know wherever I go. I miss living with someone who I hang out with all the time because we don't really have any other options. I miss the cold, clear air. I miss being surrounded by moutains. I miss going to church on Sunday in a place where people would miss me if I wasn't there. I miss the kids that I was getting to know. I miss Guitar Hero 2. I miss the life that I feel like I started up there. I miss Haines, A LOT.
But I'm not in Haines. I'm in Shoreline most of the time. So, I need to make the most of that. But it's hard. I feel so much more alone in a city with more people than the entire state of Alaska than I do in a town the size of a couple UW classes.
I still have no idea what things will look like when I get back to Haines, but now, more than ever, I feel like I belong there. I'm even thinking about going back without a car, so I can go back sooner... whoa...
No comments:
Post a Comment