On Sunday, I was fortunate enough to get to hang out with my good friend Ingrid Harper. I rolled out of bed around noon and she came over shortly after. Following doing not much of anything for about an hour, we decided that we should go to Dick's (more affectionately known as Richard's) to get some cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes. It was tasty.
Then, after a few hours of watching stupid TV and movies, we decided to go to church then grab some dinner with some friends. We decided to wait until after church because we weren't super hungry, aware that we could be starving by the time that church finished. Well little did we know that the new youth pastor was being ordained and installed at that service so it lasted a lot longer than average. Thus, at 9:00 rather than the normal 8:00 we were starving and wanted to eat as fast as possible. If one finds oneself in the U District in need of food ASAP, where does one go? That's right, Richard's. So we ate at Dick's again.
We went home and then watched a couple more movies before deciding around 2 AM that we were still hungry. So we did one anyone with the munchies at 2 AM would do. We went to McDonald's. We were really hoping for some good fast food breakfast, but were informed that McDonald's only serves breakfast after 4 AM. So naturally, we had chicken nuggets instead.
After returning home for another hour or so, I was still totally craving the fast food breakfast, so we went to Jack in the Box where breakfast is served all day. I got my sausage and egg biscuit as well as some french toast sticks. We also stopped by a Red Box so we watched a good movie. Life is good.
That's right. Four fast food stops in twelve hours. I really am that awesome. And oddly enough, my stomach was totally fine after all that junk.
The best part of the McDonald's experience was when a dude got out of the car in front of us. I was jokingly hoping that he would have to pee. I figured that it would be hilarious if we saw a guy pee in the bushes while going through the drive thru at 2. But he just adjusted his pants and sat back down. Then the dude on the other side of the car opened and I was hoping that dude would have to pee. I then said, "take a pee, take a pee" but Ingrid pointed out to me that he had already gone pee based on looking at his pants. But he continued to the bushes anyway where he wrenched multiple times. So rather than seeing a drunk dude pee in the bushes, we saw one puke in the bushes... and that was the most eventful thing of my weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment