Monday, September 14, 2009

back to the grind

Things have been pretty much back to normal for the past week or so...
I finished my first class for school, which fells amazing. It still weirds me out a little that I am back in school.
I started a Bible Study for kids in their 20s in Haines. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have taken a relative outsider to get this started, but maybe either that means that I really am part of the community now or at the very least that it's good that I'm here.
I gave the children's message at church yesterday. I went up there with a remote, cell phone, cd and bible, and proceeded to hit them all with a hammer, trying to show that only God's word is indestructible.
I picked up a few hours at Mountain Market, which means that I legitimately worked 40 hours this week in addition to school stuff.
And last, but by no means least, I didn't put my life in danger. Yay!

2 comments:

Anna Rose said...

That sounds pretty fantastic. I am really jealous of that Bible study. I hope it is ALMOST as amazing as ours was. But only almost...

hlw said...

It makes me smile to see you so involved with your church. Can I take like a tiny percent of one point of credit for that? Ha ha...

I sometimes think of our mornings at Starbucks. In the rain. Before the sun came up.

That was fun :)