Friday, May 29, 2009
if my feelings were a song...
I have no idea what the title would be. It just sounded like a good title for a blog post. Searching the words "don't" and "know" in my iTunes left not good conclusions about what my song title would be. But the notion that I typed in those two words should give you some clue about how I feel about things. I don't know. I work at a coffee shop. Check. But that isn't what I really want to do with my life. I'm almost positive I'm going to start school in July to get my Masters in Teaching, but is that really what I want to do? I don't know. I was offered a spot to travel the country for a couple months doing a sort of puppet ministry, but is that really what I want to do? I don't know. I live in Haines and I love it, but is it really where I want to be? I don't know. I don't know what life is going to bring me in the next few months or even weeks, let alone in the next few years. I guess it's a good thing that I believe in a God that has my future all figured out, cuz I sure don't. Now if I could only figure out how to trust in that a little more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
true story miss maxwell...
that's the glorious and magical thing about faith, you have no idea what the future holds but you know that it is written by a God that is so GOOD. i'm in that boat, too. i know what my next two weeks hold in terms of school but after that...well, we shall see where the chips fall!
Sounds like you have a lot of unanswered questions. I know how that goes. Teaching is definitely a good idea, now especially when the world is so in need of well educated teachers. Take a look at the new program USC is offering for a masters of arts in teaching. It's pretty cool, and might be exactly what you're looking for. http://bit.ly/74YPZ - It's online so its flexible - you can do it where ever and whenever you want. a real progressive change for this kind of a thing. Let me know what you think!
Life is great isn't it? Sometimes not knowing and not having a plan for your life works out better then ever imagined. If you had it all planned out life would just be a disapointment. Just trust in god and everything will turn out just the way it was supposed to..just wait and see :)
For now though I think it's important for you to enjoy this chapter in your life and not worry about the next one. Working in a Coffee shop, being a traveling puppet or whatever else life happens to throw at you it’s all there to help make you the person you are destined to become. Just sit back and enjoy the ride!
Post a Comment