my favorite little boogie boarders, Owen and Calla
Favorite story of the week: I was playing in the pool and jumping and kinda sliding up onto the edge and my brother told me I looked like a beached whale (which from him I take as "I love you sis") and Owen pointed at me and said, "beached whale, beached whale"
Coolest thing I saw: lava flow hit the ocean and turn the steam plume bright colors at night
Dumbest thing I did: got an "anti-farmer" tan... oh what a rash guard and selective sunscreen application can do for you
Funnest place I went: Kona brewery... I highly recommend the Big Wave Golden Ale
Thing I did every day: went to the pool with the fam
What I'm bummed I didn't do: surf... we even had boards. It was just a hard thing to get everyone to rally for.
Least favorite part: Being the perennial little sibling and sleeping on the pullout couch where 1 year olds liked to play in the morning... although it was a fun way to wake up.
The newest Maxwell family goal: to find people that like us a lot and want us to use their condo in Hawaii for a week so we can do it again sometime...
2 comments:
We loved having Aunt Kate with us on vacation. I was very impressed with your ability to rally every morning as we invaded your "room" at 7 AM. Owen is still occasionally looking at things around our house and saying "Kate" (or Kake, but whatever).
I like your family goal. I need people like that in my life. Ones with condos, that is ;-)
Post a Comment