My family is rad. My padre is the coach of the major league prep team here in Barahona. Whenever I walk in he says, "Hello" with a lot of emphasis on the o. It makes me happy. My madre works at the sugarcane factory and is studying to be a lawyer and I have two hermanos that like to play video games and seem to like it when I play with them.
I am loving it down here. Aside from the freaky hotness of it, anyway. We have been doing a lot of planning this week and we are going to start english classes next week and tutoring the week after. The other interns are amazing. It is a little funny because of the seven of us, six are very similar in that we like to talk a lot. So far its all been good though. I am super excited to see how this summer plays out.
2 comments:
Please tell me you are wearing sunscreen... We want to be praying for joy, hard work, usefulness, and learning, but would rather not have to pray for recovery from sun exposure. =) It's 95+ this weekend here. We bought Owen a baby life jacket so he can come float the river.
please don't get dengue, and please do as Alissa says and wear sunscreen ...
Post a Comment