Saturday, June 7, 2008

My countdown and youth

T - 13 days and counting
I am so stoked to go to the Dominican. And I leave soon. Yeah.
Today I went to a bridal shower for someone I went to high school with. It was weird. So many of my high school friends are getting married this summer. It's spooky. We're so young? Why are they in such a big hurry to start the rest of their lives? (note: i think part (read: most) of the answer to this is sex) But I'm gonna hang out and play for a while. And I'm gonna dig it. Different strokes though. Someday I wanna settle down, but there's a lot I want to do before I wanna get anywhere near that.
I just went back over and read my old blogs and I think it's interesting that from the time I showed up in Haines I knew things weren't right. And it's kinda cool that I wanted to come back to Seattle because I kinda knew that it would help the healing process, and it has a lot.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Amen amen amen. Man I keep forgetting you're not going to be home when I get home, and that is sad. :(

hootenannie said...

Where in TN are you going to be? And yes, I would like that very much. :)