Monday, April 7, 2008

Things will be good when...

Life is... good. I'm stoked for where things are going, but lately I feel like I've been looking forward too much and not living in the moment enough. Sometimes I feel like I've checked out and I'm just coasting until June when I can head to the Dominican. But I have been living that way for a long time. I constantly have these goals that I say, "life will be good when..." Right now, my thought is "life will be good when I can head down to the DR." But I'm tired of just waiting and coasting. By doing that I miss out on a lot of satisfaction that could be found along the way. So, I'm going to work on living in the moment and not focusing on the past or future. Not a small order, but I've gotta give it a shot.

2 comments:

hootenannie said...

Kate, I struggle with this, too. I feel like I'm just treading water a lot of the time - waiting for the REAL deal to happen. But I'm being reminded over and over to BE HERE NOW, BE HERE NOW.

It's hard. But it's good.

Alissa Maxwell said...

Will you bring your Haines pictures with you this weekend? When you are here, you can read "Good Night Seattle" with Owen and be reminded of all the cool things right under your nose. Maybe it's time to play "tourist for a day" and hunt down some awesome photos around Puget Sound...