Friday, January 18, 2008

Not in Seattle

Well, I'm not in Seattle right now, but I'm not in Alaska either. I decided to give myself a break from life and come to the Bay Area to hang out with my Godparents and their family. So I roamed around San Francisco yesterday and today I'm hanging out in Walnut Creek. I sat for a while yesterday at Pier 39 and wondered about what I should do with my summer. Should I go to the Dominican Republic? Should I go to Greece? Or should I just wander around the US stopping wherever I know people? Which one would I regret not doing the most. Not necessarily which one would I like to do the most, but which one would I look back on and just think, "If only I had done that..." So, I think about the future but try to not let it consume my thoughts. I'm still trying to take things one day at a time. Easier said than done in some cases, but I sure as hell am growing because of it. So, life is good. Not because anything has happened to make it a better day, but because nothing has happened to make it a bad day. Things could be a lot worse.
And on the Haines front, it looks like I'm not going back for a while... like until the fall or so. It makes me sad, but it'll be good too.
oh, and check this out... hilarious!

1 comment:

Alissa Maxwell said...

You can come visit us anytime you want. Just give us some notice, so we can chase the cats off the guest bed. =)