
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Grateful for family
I love my biological family. They are amazing people who I generally enjoy spending time with. But once again as I returned to Haines yesterday, I was reminded that I have so much more family than people that share my last name. The family that I have in Haines is such a blessing. I was welcomed home with open arms and received four dinner invitations for later that day. People here welcome me into their home as one of their own. When I'm in Seattle, I have a set of parents who love me very much and a sibling who is pretty close and one who is a few hours away. But when I am in Haines, I have three sets of parents, siblings next door and down the street, little people who love me almost as much as Owen, Calla, and Josh, and a smattering of grandparents here and there. I am so blessed to live in a town that has so much love to share. As I went to a memorial service for one of those grandparents yesterday, I was reminded of what living a selfless, loving life can really be like and how long that memory will live on. Arlene Jackson will be missed for a long time to come. But Haines still has a lot to offer.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment