Monday, December 19, 2011

Grateful for Christmas songs

I've realized that as I've gotten older, I've started feeling less "in the Christmas spirit." Which then makes me feel a little guilty because it's the day of our savior's birth and that is something worth celebrating. But this year I've started really listening to the words of some of the Christmas songs that I've heard so many times before, and it's gotten me into the spirit of Christmas. Not the commercial spirit (though I do enjoy buying presents for the whole family with my parents money so there is something under the tree on the 25th), but the spirit of what Christmas really is. And while this viewpoint might not be very popular, it isn't even about my family and how great it is to be giving and loving during this time of year. It's about my Jesus. It's about being thankful. And that really is what the season is all about. But it's not just this season. On the 26th we should be just as thankful and in awe of the gift of Jesus as we are on the 25th.

And just for good measure, here's a couple of my favorite less traditional Christmas songs.
Leaving Heaven
Day After Christmas
Evergreen
While You Were Sleeping


No comments: