Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh Seattle

I joked about dressing in all my Seattle sports gear and calling myself a masochist for Halloween. After this weekend, I kinda wish I had. I spent the weekend in Eugene with a bunch of Duck fans and went to see the Ducks slaughter the Huskies on Saturday. It was fun enough, but just about every time a Seattle sports team leaves the field/pitch/court my heart breaks a little because we usually just lost another game (of course our main court team got taken away, but don't even get me started on that...). It almost makes me wish that I lived in New York where I could cheer for winning teams and not feel like a sell-out. But then I remember that I will never be a band-wagon fan and maybe, just maybe, we'll do better next season. In a way, cheering for Seattle teams year after year is a little proof in my life that I really do have hope for the future.

No comments: