Monday, July 19, 2010

TMI?

I get to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy on the 26th of August. So I'm gluten free for another 2-3 weeks, then going on a gluten tour of Western Washington for 2-3 weeks, then don't eat for a day... should be good times... hopefully they find something that can lead to something other than the bullshit diagnosis of IBS*. But I get to wait at least another month to find out. I guess this is why I moved back, because if I hadn't it would be yet another trip back and forth... But I wouldn't mind being in Haines for the summer... if only...

*After talking with friends, we have agreed that IBS is what doctors say you have when they know something is wrong with your digestive system, but can't tell you what it is. "Oh, you have stomach issues but don't have Celiac, Crohns, food allergies, or a parasite of some sort? Huh. It must be IBS."

4 comments:

Alissa Maxwell said...

I have to agree. IBS = Miscellaneous Gut Issue. I mean, your body has to be reacting to SOMETHING, not just randomly freaking out.

But, um, the last time you ate gluten, you almost went to the ER, right? What happens if you eat it for 2 weeks straight... Will it be a "gluten and toilet" tour of Western Washington? TMI? Maybe.

Alissa Maxwell said...

Oh, and you can still be Maxwell House North - you're still the "north-est" of all of us.

Cheryl said...

I went through a very similar experience with abdominal issues about 5 years ago. Had all the tests, no diagnosis and was ultimately told it was either IBS or "functional abdominal pain". In and out of the hospital with it for a year and a half...ugh!

Cheryl said...

(This is Herbie by the way.)