Wednesday, December 17, 2008

so, how are things?

I think that I am going through a Quarter-Life Crisis. Well, maybe not completely, but it is really hard to quiet some of those voices saying that I should have things more figured out. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm intelligent and good-looking and all that good stuff, but with all that potential, I'm working 15 hours a week at a video store, barely paying rent (let alone eating). What am I really doing? I mean, really? But then I take a step back (when I can) and realize that I am more fulfilled by my 15 hours at the video store than I was this spring when I had a "good job" at a mortgage company. So who is to say that my definition of fulfilling is wrong? As long as I think I'm doing ok, then I am. I just sometimes wish that I was more consistent in my thinking that I'm doing what I should be. I guess that's what 3 days of laying in bed gets you... a lot of thoughts about the way things are or should be or something idealistic like that. Psh.
This pic has pretty well summed up my existence over the past couple days... or one with me on a toilet with a bucket in hand, but that's less appropriate.

1 comment:

Brian K said...

ah yes. when someone first forwarded my the QLC link, i read it and was like, "man, this is totally me."