So after deciding on the road that I really wanted to just be back in Seattle, Karen, Hannah, and I booked it pretty hardcore to the lake house.
Day 1 Haines - Tok (added Karen) - Chicken 501 Miles
Day 2 Chicken - Dawson City - Whitehorse 427 Miles
Day 3 Whitehorse - Watson Lake - Kitwanga 715 Miles
Day 4 Kitwanga - Prince George - Marble Canyon 568 Miles
Day 5 Marble Canyon - Whistler (COWS!!) - Parents' Lake House 285 Miles
Total = 2496 Miles with Hannah Roberts and (most of them) Karen Henspeter
We played tourist in the city on Friday, going to the original Starbucks, Seattle Public Library, and REI. Yesterday Hannah left for Denver on the morning train, Karen and I went to the Seattle Sounders game, then I dropped her off at the airport.
Now it's the waiting game all over again. I'll catch up with my people here in the Seattle area, then hit the road again next Saturday after I take (force) Karen to her first real football game (GO HUSKIES!!). Then it's off to Portland and beyond!
1 comment:
Holy moly. I just mapped that route. Wowza!
Post a Comment