So one of my dear old friends in Haines, Arlene, died last week. And yet, I know that she is in a better place and she is far happier now than she was while she was still on this earth. For the past two years, when someone would ask how she was doing she would either feign a "good" or reply more honestly with "I'm hanging in there."
I've been feeling a little bit like that this week. I'm not good, but I say that I am. Or if I respond honestly, I'm hanging in there. But there is so much more to life than just hanging in there. I feel like I'm not making the most of my life when I'm just hanging in there. If I'm supposed to consider it pure joy whenever I face trials (James 1), then I should be doing more than just hanging in there. If I'm not supposed to worry and just pray about things (Philippians 4), then I should be doing more than just hanging in there. If I'm supposed to fully understand the love of God (Ephesians 3), then I should definitely be more than just hanging in there.
Sometimes I may just be hanging in there. But I'm called to more than that. We all are.
No comments:
Post a Comment