So this weekend I went to the grocery store to look for pumpkin goo in a can. I went to the store that was closer to me at that point and asked about the magic orange stuff, but they were all out. But rather than be dismayed, I took heart and decided that the other store might have some. So I confidently walked out the door of the grocery store to my bike determined to ride to te other store and get some pumpkin goo in a can. But after 10 feet of riding my bike, a dog decided I looked rather threatening in my purple husky pants, and decided to attack them. Now, these were my favorite pants in the world, and this little weimaraner/pit bull mix thing ate them. I mean, she took a full on chunk out of the cloth. Better the cloth than my leg. Anyway, I went to the other grocery store determined to find pumpkin goo so as to make mini muffins and now perhaps find a new pair of fleece pants since the dog owner said she would buy me a new pair. But alas, there was no pumpkin goo to be found. So, rejected, I headed home, but only had 3 minutes before I headed off to a friend's house for game night. So, wanting to show off my pants, I didn't change. She lives relatively close, so I wouldn't take my car, but I felt a little shaky seeing as how a dog tried to eat my leg but had to settle for my pants, so I walked. And I called my mommy to tell her that a dog tried to eat me. As I was walkling to Natalie's house, talking to my mom, I saw my friends Lindsey and Ashley drive by. So I did what any self-respecting almost 24 year old would do, and promply ran after them shouting, "I want a ride!! I want a ride!" But, no dice. So I put the phone back up to my ear to talk to my mom again, only to hear a friendly voice call from across the street, "everything ok?" I guess it's not every day you see someone running down the street with pants in slight tatters shouting, "I want a ride!" I said, "yeah" and pressed on. I tried to tell my mom that I was ok and the dog did not in fact break my skin, only to see another friend, Jody, driving by. So what do I do? Again, I run down the middle of the road shouting, "I want a ride! I want a ride!" Then I saw the most magical sight I have seen in a while... break lights. So I got a ride the rest of the way up the hill and played games and all was well with the world. But I still want a new pair of pants.
Anyway, if you got this far, you must be bored, and I am sorry. I felt the need to post something, and this is the most exciting thing that happened in a while, so there ya go. I'll let you all know how the fleece pant shopping goes.
3 comments:
Kate Maxwell You are my hero in more ways that one!
Winnie would be happy to eat your pants at any time.
You are hilarious! I'm so glad that you shared this story. Sad that your pants had to get ruined in the process...but glad that you posted it for the enjoyment of others :)
Post a Comment