Saturday, April 11, 2009

to infinity and beyond

How does one get to infinity? Anyway, life in Haines is good. I kinda wish that I could be with my family this weekend for Easter and stuff, but I get to hang out with part of my Haines family, which is good too. And I get to see all the Maxwells in 14 days when we convene in Hawaii, which I am STOKED about.

But tomorrow is Easter, and that is a very good thing. There is nothing more fundamental to who I am than that Jesus lived, died, and rose for me. And although sometimes that seems to good to be true, it is the only real hope that I have.

"That Jesus succeeded in changing a snuffling band of unreliable followers into fearless evangelists, that eleven men who deserted him at death now went to martyrs' graves avowing their faith in a resurrected Christ, that these few witnesses managed to set loose a force that would overcome violent opposition first in Jerusalem and then in Rome -this remarkable sequence of transformation offers the most convincing evidence for the Resurrection. What else explains the whiplash change in men known for their cowardice and instability?" -Philip Yancey The Jesus I Never Knew

No comments: