Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My take on the weather... Rain, Rain... I thought I left Seattle

It's been pretty consistently rainy here for the past week. I feel like I'm in Seattle sometimes. It's just white all around. It's a little better because I'm not surrounded by concrete, but, still. I don't like rain.
Other than the rain and one other semi-situation in town, things are amazing. Right now I'm subbing at the school. The kids are kinda funny. They like me a lot more than their regular teacher... I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I don't make them work very hard. Work at the video store is good. It's a little slow, but it's alright. At least I still get free rentals.
The youth group thing is interesting. They call themselves inter-denominational, but it has a very Assembly of God feel, which has caused some problems for some of the other pastors in town. I feel like I have gotten myself in the middle of that a little as I am fairly rooted in one of the churches that is farthest from the youth group in style. So, that's been on my mind a lot lately.

prayer requests:
~rain...
~continued team dynamics
~the kids in town (especially the youth group)

Random fact: I am one of probably 4 real husky fans in town. brutal.

2 comments:

Alissa Maxwell said...

Being one of 4 Huskies in Haines doesn't sound so bad. Better than being one of a handful of Huskies among the masses of Ducks and Beavers down here. Glad that you are finding gainful employement with some perks - free videos and hanging out with the kids.

Oh, and no, Owen has not gained anymore hair. He just has some days where it's more red than others. We may be YEARS from full coverage. =)

Becca said...

Kate! rain can be good. Especially when you have the fun rain boots, which I think you have. Oh well. Let's talk again soon! And have you bought your ticket yet!?!?